Position: Program Manager
Who We Are
For more than 20 years, MENTOR Nebraska has led the mentoring movement to ensure youth and mentors have access to high-quality mentoring experiences. As a backbone organization, we support direct service mentoring programs, breaking down silos and barriers across the sector. We are changemakers committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. If you’re interested in helping a passionate, hard-working team create impactful change for the youth in our state, read on.
Who You Are
You have a passion for social justice & equity and are constantly striving to learn how to be a better ally to diverse communities. Preferred candidates will have worked in youth-oriented nonprofit organizations in the past. You care deeply about supporting underserved youth across Nebraska, but you don’t need to work directly with youth in order to fill your bucket. The team you’ll join is made up of five individuals who are obsessed with achieving our organization’s vision: making it possible for every young person in the state to have the supportive relationships they need to thrive.
What You’ll Do
MENTOR Nebraska’s Program Manager will coordinate and manage the organization’s intentional mentoring initiatives (Youth Initiated Mentoring, Success Mentors, STRIVE refugee mentoring) across the state of Nebraska. This position is integral in the scaling and support for new mentoring models with partnering school districts and juvenile justice agencies which will result in an increased number of youth from underserved populations having access to formal mentoring relationships. This position works collaboratively with the Training & Partnership Development Manager to provide high-quality training and technical assistance to current and new mentoring program partners. The outcome of these functions is expected to result in strong partnerships that position MENTOR Nebraska as a content expert and leader for effective mentoring initiatives that ensure more youth have access to and benefit from successful mentoring relationships delivered through quality programs across the state of Nebraska. The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director.
1. Program Management Leadership (50%)
- Develop positive working relationships with school district partners, juvenile justice agencies, and youth serving organizations by meeting regularly with stakeholders to understand needs and gaps in mentoring services and connecting them to MENTOR Nebraska services.
- Scale the Success Mentors model in partnering school districts across the state to increase in-school support for students with history of chronic absenteeism. Provide orientation and consultation to district leadership focusing on need for model, readiness for implementation, and support with program implementation. Provide ongoing support for school site directors in best practices of mentoring recruitment, screening, training, monitoring and support, and match closure.
- Support the expansion of the Youth Initiated Mentoring (YIM) model in Nebraska communities by assisting with onboarding of the program model, training of program staff, ensuring appropriate data collection protocol is implemented, and serving as liaison to valued stakeholders in YIM work.
- Oversee existing and expansion activities of the STRIVE refugee mentoring program model with partnering school districts to increase the number of refugee students who have access to formal mentoring relationships. Provide orientation and consultation to district leadership focusing on need for model, readiness for implementation, and ongoing support with program implementation.
2. Training and technical assistance support (30%)
- Facilitate training and ongoing resources to intentional mentoring partners (YIM, Success Mentors, and STRIVE refugee mentoring) across the state of Nebraska through live webinars and in-person trainings, specialized enrichment trainings, and collaborative meetings.
- Deliver MENTOR Nebraska training offerings that address the needs of mentoring programs and youth serving organizations.
- Support fellow team members to provide trainings when functional expertise is needed.
- Provide tailored support to mentoring partner organizations based on National Quality Mentoring System (NQMS) assessment results and subsequent action plans.
3. Support data collection and evaluation activities (20%)
- Coordinate receipt of Omaha Public Schools data releases from all qualifying mentoring programs, review for completeness, and submit to Student Information Services staff.
- Track match data for Success Mentors and STRIVE refugee mentoring for longitudinal evaluation, grant reports, and annual report.
- Assist with membership orientation for all new member agencies including oversight of membership agreement requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Education, or related field; Master’s Preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience program management, training, consulting, or comparable/transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
- Experience bringing people together from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with different stakeholder groups, including mentoring program leadership, school district officials, non-profit leaders, and mentoring professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style with different stakeholder groups
- Strong organization and analytical skills needed to oversee successful implementation of program initiatives
- Works with a high level of integrity and professional ethics while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Mon-Fri schedules
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance
- Simple IRA with employer match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Professional development opportunities
- HSA with employer match
How to Apply
Please submit an interest form and your resume below. If we wish to move forward with your application, we will contact you about next steps.
MENTOR Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We believe a diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds makes us stronger and enables us to carry out our mission.