Living your best life as an Americorps Team Member through MENTOR Nebraska. You’ll make a difference in the lives of others, learn a ton, and experience real satisfaction.
Through a wide array of programs that connect quality mentors to young people, MENTOR Nebraska is closing the gap between the 1 in 3 youth not having a mentor in their lives. We offer no-cost training, support, information, and resources to ensure best practices, meaningful relationships, and success in the mentoring arena.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This role serves as a main point of contact within our new mentoring programs. You’ll help school districts launch our mentoring initiatives; provide data-based training, support, and development for mentors; and assist in expanding educational programs and partners through marketing efforts.
- Living allowance
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Amazing experience by
- being the central point of contact for setting up and maintaining program support and operational/technical assistance for school-based MENTOR Nebraska initiatives
- conducting orientation of new partners
- ensuring resources for and excellent training of school partners
- assisting in providing new and ongoing support for school districts and potential new partners
- creating and maintaining a data library of resources such as toolkits, webinars, videos, and other tools for use by MENTOR Nebraska participants
- developing data collection and metrics to track initiatives’ performance and presenting outcomes and findings
- Rock star tendencies like
- super organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills
- experience or knowledge of mentoring, social services, and nonprofit operations
- strong computer competence
- outstanding communication ability that’s professional, inclusive, and mindful of divergent learners
- prowess in marketing and public relations, including public speaking and recruitment
- adaptability to changing circumstances, deadlines, and multiple project completion
What are you waiting for? If you’re at least 18 years of age, apply now - you’ll be glad you did!
MENTOR Nebraska is an equal opportunity organization and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We believe a diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds makes us stronger and enables us to carry out our mission.