MENTOR Nebraska's Emerging Mentoring Leaders Institute (EMLI) is a professional development opportunity for mentoring leaders from new and grassroots programs serving BIPOC and LGBTQIA2S+ communities. This comprehensive training program provides mentoring leaders with the tools and resources needed to strengthen their organization so they can better support young people through a critical lens.
- 2 days of in-person training on grant writing, storytelling, board development, nonprofit excellence, and best practices for building youth-centric mentoring relationships
- A cohort-based peer learning community that meets throughout the year
- Networking opportunities
- Access to research and resources
- A learning and collaborative working environment that values diverse perspectives and backgrounds
MENTOR Nebraska is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for a transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap.
Meet Cohort Two
Meet Cohort One
What to Expect and How to Apply
Who can apply?
EMLI is for mentoring leaders who currently work at a youth mentoring program serving BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA2S+ youth. The individual must have high-level decision-making responsibilities related to the mentoring program’s management.
To be eligible, the individual must fulfill one of these requirements:
- Work for a mentoring program that is either new or grassroots (less than 5 years old)
- Hold a position that is new to them (started within 2 years) at a well-established mentoring program
The mentoring program must:
- Be a 501(c) 3 or have a fiscal agent
- Have a non-discrimination policy
What is expected from participants?
- This program requires outside reading and homework in addition to attending in-person training.
- Participants must commit to preparing for and attending ALL scheduled sessions.
Is there a cost?
If accepted into the program, participants will be required to pay a $50 fee to secure their spot.
Cohort 2 Schedule:
- Thursday, July 20 | 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Networking Social (In-Person)
- Thursday, August 3 | 4-6 PM
- Day 1: Friday, August 11 | 10 AM – 4:30 PM
- Day 2: Friday, August 18 | 10 AM – 4:30 PM
We are currently not accepting applications at this time.
Susie Owens, Director of Strategic Partnerships
402-715-4164 ext. 2 | Susie@MENTORNebraska.org
Special Thank You to Our 2023 EMLI Funders!
Lincoln Community Foundation
Weitz Family Foundation
Woods Charitable Fund