MENTOR Nebraska’s mission is to fuel the quality and quantity of mentoring relationships for Nebraska’s young people and to close the mentoring gap for the one in three young people growing up without this critical support.
WHO WE ARE
For more than 20 years, MENTOR Nebraska has led the mentoring movement to ensure youth and mentors have access to high-quality mentoring experiences. As a backbone organization, we support direct service mentoring programs, breaking down silos and barriers across the sector. We are changemakers committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Position Title: Associate Director, Education & Program Development
Type: Exempt | Full-Time
Location: Hybrid (in-person and remote) | Office located at 1111 N. 13th St. #126, Omaha, NE 68102
Reports to: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Salary Range: $55-$70K starting salary
WHAT YOU’LL DO
MENTOR Nebraska is seeking a dynamic and dedicated professional to join our team as our new Associate Director of Education & Program Development. This role will focus on facilitating systems change strategies in educational spaces, leading technical assistance and training for intentional mentoring initiatives with school and community partners, and enhancing data collection and evaluation practices to demonstrate the impact of program services and initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of project management of the Relationship Centered Schools initiative in coordination with MENTOR National, education partners, project consultants, and school building leadership.
- Manage the organization’s intentional mentoring initiatives (Youth Initiated Mentoring, Success Mentors, STRIVE refugee mentoring) across the state of Nebraska by providing technical assistance services and training support for effective model implementation.
- Oversee data collection and evaluation practices for Relationship Centered Schools project and intentional mentoring initiatives with a focus on fidelity of implementation, continuous improvement, and to ensure more youth have access to and benefit from successful mentoring relationships delivered through quality programs and training.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience bringing people together from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to inspire, influence and lead change management processes that transform organizations
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with different stakeholder groups including school district officials, nonprofit leaders, and mentoring professionals
- Demonstrated capability to work independently with a successful track record of taking a concept from idea to implementation, finding alternate paths when needed to achieve the overall goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style with different stakeholder groups
- Strong organization and analytical skills needed to oversee successful implementation of program initiatives
- Works with a high level of integrity and professional ethics while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Education, Criminal Justice, Social Work, or related field, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience program development, program management, training, consulting, or comparable/transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
We need a dynamic go-getter! If you thrive in change, have a passion for education and program development, excel in communication, can effortlessly simplify complex ideas, and bring a proactive approach to partnerships, coaching, and idea implementation, you're our ideal candidate!
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an interest form below. If we wish to move forward with your application, we will contact you about next steps.
MENTOR Nebraska believes that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to closing the mentoring gap and as such, we seek candidates that share the belief of fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all to apply for this position.