MENTOR Nebraska fuels the quality and quantity of mentoring relationships, strengthens collaboration, and advocates for mentoring.
WHO WE ARE
For more than 20 years, MENTOR Nebraska has led the mentoring movement to ensure youth and mentors have access to high-quality mentoring experiences. As a backbone organization, we support direct service mentoring programs, breaking down silos and barriers across the sector. We are changemakers committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Type: Exempt | Full-Time
Location: Hybrid (remote and in-person) | Office located at 1111 N. 13th St. #126, Omaha, NE 68102
Schedule: Monday-Friday flexible schedule | Occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Associate Director of Training & Program Development
Salary Range: $40-45,000 starting salary
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Program Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our programming and training functions. Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Training & Program Development, you will plan, implement, and evaluate activities that aim to enhance the quality and quantity of mentoring opportunities in Nebraska.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Schools: As a liaison between MENTOR Nebraska and schools across the state, you will coordinate program and training logistics, track pertinent data, and provide ongoing communication and resources to ensure the success of our two intentional school-based mentoring initiatives:
- Success Mentors program, an in-school model that supports students with a history of chronic absenteeism and disengagement in Omaha, Grand Island, and Millard public schools.
- STRIVE refugee mentoring project, an in-school model which connects recently arrived refugee youth to formal mentoring experiences in Omaha, Lincoln, Millard, and Grand Island public schools.
- Coordinating Training, Research, and Evaluation Activities: You will coordinate logistics and develop engagement strategies for our monthly training offerings. You will also streamline data collection procedures and employ evaluative tools to assess the impact of our programs and monitor community trends. By facilitating these activities, you will help us ensure that more young people have access to and benefit from successful mentoring relationships.
Position regularly requires standing, sitting, lifting up to 25 lbs., walking, and driving.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
To thrive in this role, our ideal candidate possesses the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Education: You hold a bachelor's degree in education, sociology, cultural studies, or a related field. Alternatively, you have gained commensurate experience that makes you well-equipped for the position. Previous work with immigrant and refugee populations is a definite plus!
- Inclusive Outlook: You have experience bringing people together from diverse backgrounds, fostering an inclusive and supportive environment for all.
- Champion of Change: Mentoring, youth services, and the betterment of young lives are causes close to your heart. Your dedication to making a positive impact is evident, and you're excited to contribute to our mission.
- Collaborative Spirit: You are a self-starter who thrives as part of a team. You understand the power of collaboration and enjoy working with others to achieve shared goals.
- Independent Drive: While you work collaboratively, you also have the motivation and autonomy to work independently and deliver program objectives.
- Attention to Detail: Your excellent written communication skills allow you to craft reports and professional correspondence with precision and attention to detail.
- Organization and Time Management: You possess strong analytical skills and exceptional organization and time management abilities. You can juggle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Tech-Savviness: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must. Experience with project management platforms and Salesforce is a definite advantage.
- Trustworthy and Responsible: You understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information with care. You will be required to pass applicable background checks.
- Driver's License and Insurance: You possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance from the state in which you reside, as some travel will be necessary.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Simple IRA with employer match
- Cell phone & wellness stipend
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Professional development opportunities
- National affiliation with MENTOR network, research, and communities of practice
- Hybrid work environment with great workplace culture
HOW TO APPLY
Since this is a hybrid position, we welcome applicants from across Nebraska. Please submit an interest form below. If we wish to move forward with your application, we will contact you about next steps.
MENTOR Nebraska is an equal opportunity organization and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We believe a diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds makes us stronger and enables us to carry out our mission.